Friday, February 25, 2011

California Home Gardener Tries a Drawf Lemon Tree

Evidence of fruit drop

Lemon

New lemon blossoms

Green Lemon against Stormy February Sky
One of the perks of living in an area such as Florida or Southern California is the ability to grow your own citrus.  With this in mind, I decided to add a citrus plant to the family garden.  I couldn't resist when I saw the small lemons already on the plant.  I decided to grow my lemon in a container and hooked it up to the irrigation system with a drip supply line and a soaker line circling the root ball.

Soaker Hose will provide irrigation to the lemon plant
February is a good time to apply the first of three seasonal fertilizing.  I choose an organic fertilizer recommended by the nursery.  If you are going to grow your own citrus, it's worth the effort to go organic.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...