Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I Eat Sunlight for Breakfast

ARTICHOKE IN BLOOM

BLUEBIRD NEMESIA FRUTICANS

PENSTEMON

PENSTEMON
Our sunny spring days have created buds a-blooming in the garden.
The artichoke had an abundance of flowers this spring.  I love when they bloom.  Such an interesting plant to grow.
My surprise plant of the year is the Bluebird Nemesia Fruticans.  I planted in the garden midautumn 2011.  Once these plants became established, they have been flowering ever since nonstop.  The individual blossom is very dainty but there are so many blooms on the plant, they give a very nice show of purplish blue flowers.  Funny plant tag states about these plants:  "I eat sunlight for breakfast."  For the record, I eat oatmeal or Kashi!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...