Monday, January 05, 2009

Paperwhites--Forcing Bulbs


My paperwhites bloomed this weekend. I found the bulbs at a lovely shop in Laguna Beach, Aero, at the beginning of December. I purchased three bulbs. Paperwhites are one bulb which do not require chilling to force so I planted them immediately. I used a tall, clear glass container with a little potting soil. I thought it would be pretty to cover the bulbs with clear, glass marbles. After five weeks, the reward: blooming paperwhites. I love the scent.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! My paperwhites are blooming too. They were budding on Christmas, and bloomed a couple of days later. I bought 6 bulbs and placed them in a medium size round fish tank with some tan aqua gravel and potting soil. They too are beautiful, and being able to see the root systems is awesome. My kids have really enjoyed it. You have such a nice blog, it's fun to follow--lots of info!!

earlysnowdrop said...

Thanks for the comment. I'm glad you enjoy my blog.

Anonymous said...

I haven't planted mine yet. I think I will try mine inddoors after seeing this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...