Thursday, August 18, 2005

My Rose Smells So Sweet


This lovely red rose always provides a sweet fragrance to my garden when it is in bloom. This particular rose plant is next to a white rose bush. The white rose doesn't have a fragrance.

This year I was so busy I didn't have time to fertilize the roses in the spring. Now I am paying for it with smaller blossoms.

As usual, this rose bush is very susceptible to powdery mildew. As you can see, the rose bush is planted very close to the wall of the house. This limits the amount of ventilation the bush gets and increases the chance of powdery mildew forming.

The newer leaves of rose bushes are rust red when they first appear and as they age, become saturated with green coloring.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...