Friday, June 14, 2013

Dandelion Experiment

I was recently reading an article about dandelion greens.  Apparently they are quite a nutritious green.  Always looking for was to up the nutrients in my diet.

Ah ha!  I know, I will try to grow a few plants in my garden.  I know this sounds crazy because all spring I was eradicating any errant dandelions which had found their way into my grass, but, as long as I pluck the flower before it goes to seed, I should be able to contain them in the vegetable garden.


Earlier this week I captured two seed puffs.  I brought them home and placed the seeds in a small envelope to await the preparation of planting medium an a recycled cell-pack.  We all know how easy it is to "grow" dandelions when you aren't trying.  Let's see what happens when you want the little seeds to germinate.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...