Monday, July 25, 2011

Potatoes

Potatoes
Proof that Mother Nature provided plants with great tenacity, my potatoes are sprouting leaves and growing with vigor.

I waited way too long to plant my seed potatoes.  They sat in the garage for months and had shriveled and grown soft.  A few eyes were valiantly trying to sprout so as a last ditch effort, I planted them in the same location as the celery plant which was removed for producing pithy stalks.

And  a few weeks later, a burst of green leaves.  Now, I will have to read up on potatoes because I think I am supposed to keep covering up the leaves to get a very robust crop of potatoes.  Off to Google potatoes!


3 comments:

Julie said...

how exciting!!! good luck with these!!! keep us posted.

earlysnowdrop said...

Thanks Julie. I will.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this great post its really great idea.
kitchen remodeling fort lauderdale

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...