Wednesday, January 17, 2007

En Plein Air Photos in Carmel and Venice, California




En plein air is a French expression meaning "in the open air." Roland Allen is a master at photography en plein air. Roland is the Director of College Counseling at the school where my sons attended high school. He has an eye for photography and takes fabulous photos. Here is a quote from one of Roland's web sites:
I am an educator, a blogger and a reader of proven literature, particularly the works of Flannery O'Connor. My art is personal and untrained. In my mind, art should reflect real life in order to be interesting: which means that it should be rich, colorful and full of texture.


I wanted to share these photos with my garden blog readers.

These photos and Roland's original art designs are available on notecards and postal cards at Roland's Designs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, I am new to it and just want to mention our travel stay at the Carmel Stonehouse Inn. It was amazing and look forward to a return trip soon. Check their site out at http://www.carmelstonehouse.com and explore the rooms and house tour using the links.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...