Thursday, January 04, 2007

White Calla Lily Ready to Unfurl


Going away on vacation has two benefits. First, you have the fun of the vacation. Second, when you come home, your garden has all kinds of surprises for you. I returned from vacation to find my calla lilies beginning to bloom in the front flower bed. This photo shows the bloom is just beginning to unfurl.

My plants stay in the ground year round and are quite happy in their location. To my pleasant surprise, they have propagated on their own by seed.

1 comment:

ericat said...

I leave my lilies in the ground too. Problem is when I get(or buy) some new bulbs that I must plant and I forgot what I planted and where. I am doing an endemic garden to South Africa. Feel free to visit lily garden
or my blog aloe garden at blogspot

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...