Thursday, April 10, 2008

Peak Inside the Composter




Here's a quick peek inside my composter. There are layers of garden waste layered below the current level. I go on walks to find old leaves to add to the layers since most of my garden waste is green.

Yesterday, while I was making dinner (asparagus waste, onion skins, celery bits), I clenead out the veg bins in the frig. I had been shopping to Costco a while ago and unfortunately had not been able to use the jumbo bag of carrots before their expiration. Same for the leek whose bretheren made a wonderful lentil soup. Unfortunately, the leeks came in prepackaged groups of three and this loner was left behind.

I feel bad to toss food but at least it is going back to the earth instead of the landfill.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...