Thursday, May 25, 2006

Soil Amended...Now Plant

After the sifting of my compost (see below) I used it to amend the soil. I also purchased Worm Gold which is a packaged amendment made of worm castings. Worm castings are the droppings of the common garden worm. Finally, I worked a bag of potting soil into the dirt. I really wanted to plant or I would have made one more trip to the store to get a bail of peat moss.

I trip to Plant Depot earlier this weekend provided me with plants of heirloom tomatoes, green peppers, zukes, pole beans, cucumbers, and eggplants. My friend had given me some special seeds for sunflowers which I hope are busy germinating in the soil right this very moment.

I always love this time of the garden cycle. Nothing but potential!

1 comment:

earlysnowdrop said...

Thank you for your kind words. I love that blogs give you a way to share your passion with others who are interested.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...