Thursday, April 14, 2011

Grilled Artichokes--Really I Broiled Them

A few days ago, I harvested several beautiful artichokes.  Today I felt inspired to prepare them.  I love the wonderful grilled artichokes served as starters in restaurants.  The have a great flavor and of course there is the decadent dipping sauce. 


I did a quick google search and found this great web page:  Grilled Artichokes.  Instead of grilling, I put them under the broiler for five to ten minutes.  After they came out of the oven, I squeezed lemon juice over the top and rubbed the exposed surface with a garlic clove cut in half.  Then with a nice twist of the salt mill my 'chokes were heavenly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really want to try this. Can you tell me how you cut them and how long you put them in the oven? Thanks!

earlysnowdrop said...

I steamed them until they were tender. I like to do this in the microwave. I probably steamed them about 10 minutes. Whenever I microwave like this, I do two minutes increments and check to see how "tender" after each segment.

Cutting them was easy because they were already tender. I have a big knife and I just cut right through (carefully).

I placed the baking sheet on the second slot from the top and set the oven on broil. The largest ones browned up first because they were closer to the broiling elements. I did the back side first (about 4-5 minutes) and the front side was about the same. I kept my eye on them to make sure they did not burn.

Hope this helps.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...