Sunday, June 25, 2006

Flower Power! The OC County Fair


The Orange County Fair is coming. The theme of the fair this year is Flower Power! I love going to the fair. I have some favorite non-gardening spots. For example, anyone who has a collection can have it displayed. It's amazing what interesting things people collect. And of course the annual piglet races are charming.

I also love the vegetable and gardening area. People proudly display their tomatoes, beans, or squash. The OC Fair and Expo Center is also the home of the 3-acre working Centennial Farm. Their vegetables are amazing. They use a lot of trellises and raised beds. I have Gardeners' NV when I visit the farm. Oh, and no farm would be complete without the barnyard animals. They have it all!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...