Thursday, March 31, 2011

Making my Own Dry Rock "River" Bed

During the course of gardening, I have the fortune (!) of finding some nicely sized cobblestones in the dirt.  They are part of the indigenous soil and are there because a retaining wall we replaced brought them up from deep below.  By placing them in a small sloping area, I have created a nice visual along the stairs and also came up with a way to slow heavy rains from running down this area too quickly.

Note to Garden:  I'm done with the path so please, no more cobblestones!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh! This might just have given me an idea. How funny that I never thought to use all those rocks we dug up. They are just in a pile.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Great idea. I have a spot in my front garden I was thinking about doing something like this. The coloring in the rocks is really pretty.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...